[Ohio-talk] some questions about voc rehab

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 10:30:54 UTC 2014

Hi, Lillie,

About the out of state college thing, they should still fund it
(they're required to by law).  As is the case for if you choose to
attend a college that is different from the nearest, least-cost
community college for the first 2 years, and the nearest, least-cost
college after that in the state of Ohio, they should only give you
that much when you go out of state.  As I'm sure you're aware with
Emily paying for school this doesn't cover everything, but it
shouldn't be any less than you would receive if you were to stay
in-state.

Aleeha is right about the legal stuff, and I'm sure you remember from
convention that Macy had to buck the system by establishing residency
in Louisiana to get funding for LCB.  However, that obviously isn't
practical for a summer program, so it's great that you're starting
this prep work now.  I would use those documents for sure, but do make
sure you talk to Eric so he can advise you as to the best approach.
Even outside of this issue, the more I see of BSVI's services towards
students and training, funding for school, work experience, etc, the
slimier it makes me feel because the way they do some things just
isn't right or sensical.