[Ohio-talk] Spring Drawing

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 13:58:43 UTC 2014

Hello all,

Our fundraising committee is meeting tonight.  I will remember to
bring this issue up if Emily doesn't see it and make note of it
herself as committee chair.  We are not quite ready to have gift cards
sent to us at this time, but as I understand it March Scripp orders
don't need to be due for a while anyway.

We are hoping to handle as much of the drawing as we can
electronically.  There will be no physical tickets to buy, or raffle
numbers to keep track of.  Here is how we have decided it is going to
work:

An individual will pay for a set number of tickets (Eric is also
looking into if the payment can be done online).  Once the online
payment has been completed, or the check has been put into the mail,
the individual will email our fundraising chair Emily Pennington to
let her know how much they paid and how many tickets they would like
(1 for $1 and 6 for $5).  Emily will work with our treasurer, Abby
Bolling, to make sure all the records match up for the finances, and
will also keep a spreadsheet to note the number of tickets each person
has bought.  Every person who buys tickets will be assigned a number,
and so when we pull a ticket out of our hat at the time of the drawing
we can just check who the number on the ticket corresponds to.

For example, let's say Eric emails Emily and says he wants 6 tickets
for $5, and we assign him the number 7.  We would mark in the
spreadsheet that we need 6 tickets with the number 7 on them, and
those belong to Eric Duffy.  When we pick a ticket from the hat, if it
has a 7 on it then Eric would have won.  We hope this will be a
simpler way of handling the raffle since it is not being conducted in
person.

I will send more details, including where the cards should be sent to,
after tonight's fundraising meeting.  Keep on the lookout for an
announcement about the start of our raffle as well.