[Ohio-talk] 75 Campaign

Eric Duffy peduffy63 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 12:07:25 UTC 2014

Next year we will celebrate the 75th birthday of the National Federation of the Blind. The number 75 is going to be stuck in our heads for a while. I am announcing today the 75 campaign in the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio. Through a variety of initiatives which you will hear about and be  asked to participate in over time We intend to raise enough money to assist in a significant way 75 people to get to the 2015 National Convention.

Our top priority will be to help blind children and their families and those who will attend their first convention. But we plan to raise enough money so that anyone from Ohio who plans to attend the convention can get the financial help they need.

I have asked JW Smith to chair this effort. He cannot do it alone however. We must all commit to making this happen, and we must give JW our full support.

This campaign cannot take away from our effort to raise money for the operation of the affiliate. We must not neglect the very serious financial problem we have in the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio right now.

You will be hearing much more from JW and me about our 75 campaign in the days, weeks, and months ahead. But we wanted to begin generating some enthusiasm now.

Eric