[Ohio-talk] Want to Participate in Survey about domestic Violence?

Cheryl Fields cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 19:43:38 UTC 2014

Attention All Federationist!

Last November at our state convention, several questions were raised
about domestic violence and the blind.
What is domestic violence/ partner abuse?

Is there help for someone who wants to escape?

Where is this help located?

Answers to these questions are hard for a sighted person to locate and
once answers are obtained navigating the system may be even harder.
 Take time to imagine how difficult this must be for a blind person,
to locate the same answers!
In an effort to provide answers and support for blind adult victims of
domestic violence. Some exploration is necessary, services can vary
from community to community. Let's work together on this fact finding
mission. Step 1 is completing the survey. We will gather information
from around Ohio. After completion of the survey, we can evaluate what
we gathered and decide on the next steps.

I am asking for volunteers from each chapter to participate in
surveying your community's services for blind adult victims.
Communicate with your chapter president, if you are participating
contact me using the e mail address below. If you need additional
information please contact me. All surveys should be completed by May
1, 2014, send to Cheryl Fields cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com.

Thank You.

Cheryl Fields