[Ohio-talk] Anyone know of other transportation methods/drivers in the Dayton area?

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 20:12:29 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Here is my situation; the student division treasurer is at Wright
State, and I am at UD.  in order to get our bank account set up we
need to be at the bank together.  Her busy class days are when I am
most free, and vice versa.  However, I have an opening in my schedule
tomorrow, which would be great for getting together to get everything
situated.  I called Project Mobility to set up a ride, and it isn't
going to work because the commute there alone is going to take them an
hour and 15 minutes with other pick ups and drop offs.  I only have 2
hours or so to work with.  My ideal plan was to schedule the ride for
11:45 and to get back to school by 1:25 for my 1:30 class, and have
the bus drop me off right in front of that building.  Obviously, this
isn't going to work.

I'm frustrated that the paratransit system does not allow for me to
just run a quick errand.  I need to look into some other options of
transportation, but aside from cabs I am not sure what is available to
me, and I am very hesitant to try to solicit the help of someone on my
college campus in exchange for some quick cash.  (my roommate cannot
drive me either, as she has class pretty much all day as well).

I know this is somewhat of an odd email, but I'm really hoping to
seize the opportunity having one of my classes canceled has afforded
me to get this done.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.