[Ohio-talk] Ohio Means Jobs, Really?

mzavoli at roadrunner.com mzavoli at roadrunner.com
Wed May 14 02:31:15 UTC 2014

HI Eric and All,

As I said previously, Shawn and I didn't have any luck when we went to our one-stop career center.  Yes, they were very nice, and they even took us to a private room to review our resume.  Of course, they were sympathetic, and they said they had no means to help us.  No text-to-speech computers were available, and they gave us the usual--have you thought about going to BSVI shpeel.  At the time, we were already registred with BSVI, and our job hunting was still not going very well.  So we decided to augment our prospects by going to our one-stop career center, but it was to no avail.

With regard to their programs, did the person that helped you specify the type of training that would be provided?  Additionally, I have never heard of an employer giving an applicant a job offer letter should you pass the training program.  I think that's an unreasonable request.  Do you know whether sighted applicants are asked for the same job letters?

Turning to another subject:  How much did the affiliate make on its last Malley's Chocolates fundraiser?  If you posted the amount already, pardon for asking you again.  I did not see the last figure.

Thanks very much and good luck to all job seekers.

Milena