[Ohio-talk] would people be interested

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Fri Nov 7 15:52:26 UTC 2014

I went to the AERO conference immediately after the NFB convention and
a woman from Virginia was selling braille jewelry.  Several people
bought her jewelry so I believe there is a market out there.  It is
not just NFB members but many people who know someone or work with
people who are blind.  I think some O&M instructors would love them
too.  I don't think your price is too high.

On 11/7/14, Kaiti Shelton via Ohio-talk <ohio-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Maybe you could make some pairs with the red tip and some without.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Nov 7, 2014, at 7:58 AM, Barbara Pierce via Ohio-talk
>> <ohio-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Lilly,
>>
>> I would buy them though I am not too keen on the red tip. I think $8 is a
>> reasonable price if you can make money at that price. The market would be
>> NFB gatherings like the Washington Seminar and state and national
>> conventions. I could sell them at the national board meeting and the
>> scholarship meeting, where there are lots o flush Federationists.
>>
>> Barbara
>> Barbara Pierce
>> President Emerita
>> National Federation of the Blind of Ohio
>> bpierce at oberlin.net
>> 440-774-8077
>>
>>> On Nov 6, 2014, at 8:24 PM, Lillie Pennington via Ohio-talk
>>> <ohio-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>

>>> As some of you know, I have been dabbling in jewelry making for about a
>>> year
>>> now. I came up with a design for an earring that would look like a white
>>> cane. There is a red bead on the bottom to represent the tip, 12 white

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053