[Ohio-talk] Fighting your Battles

Cheryl Fields cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 23:11:58 UTC 2014

Hello All, This is a very interesting conversation to me, considering that most of you do not live in Cleveland. Maybe you mean the Toledo Sight Center only teaches the first 10 letters of the alphabet. When I first became a consumer of CSC services in the mid-80's, the braille code was taught and continues today. In addition to this, 1  of our/ Cleveland chapter members is a volunteer braille instructor at CSC and does an excellent job. Joanne Williams is a proficient braille user and preparing to become certified with the support and encouragement of The Cleveland Sight Center. Delcenia Brown is in the class and doing well and another, the third, new class just began a few weeks ago. The demand is great and CSC is getting the job done. If there is anyone out there wanting to learn braille in Cleveland, contact The Cleveland Sight Center at 216.791.8188 for additional information, I think you may be pleasantly surprised.
Recently the agency purchased a braille embosser that incorporates braille and print. For a fee they will emboss materials, this is part of a service that has been offered for many years. The Ohio Library for the Blind in Cleveland also has a braille embosser that patrons may use at no cost. Thanks and have a great evening! Blessings, Cheryl Fields	'