[Ohio-talk] Announcing the "Drive for 75" Campaign Committee Members

Smith, JW smithj at ohio.edu
Tue Nov 11 19:51:36 UTC 2014

Dear Family, Friends and Colleagues,

First, let me wish you a Happy Veterans Day and I know you join me in thanking all the men and women that have paid the ultimate sacrifice so that you and I can live in this great country called the United States of America. I love this country and although we are not perfect the rest of the world continues to look to us for guidance, support and leadership. My grandfather and father served in the military and thus I feel a special obligation to support our Veterans. Second, and the real purpose for my message, I'd like to announce the members of the "Drive for 75" campaign committee. This group will work with me from now until May 31st, 2015 to raise as much money as we can to help support as many people as we can to attend our 75th National Convention to be held in Orlando, Florida next year. Our goal will be to raise the majority of these funds from sources outside of our group because most of us have given and continue to give all that we can. I am pleased that many of you have contributed to the fund already and I encourage more of you to do so. It seems that contributions of $75 seem to be most popular so please feel free to mail that amount,  or any amount, to P.O. Box 82055 Columbus, OH 43202 and designate your check to the Drive for 75 Fund. We will take all the $75 contributions we can get. As I told you in my last post, each week I will give you an update on the campaign both in terms of future plans and opportunities for you to attend events to help us spread the word about our goal. Next week I will give you the broad outline of the 6 month plan with the understanding that more specifics will follow as appropriate. Remember that these people have been chosen because I believe that I can work with them and that they can bring unique perspectives in terms of helping us tap into relevant sources of income and contributions in their perspective local communities. A drum roll please. The members of the committee are, in alphabetical order, Sheri Albers, Mike Anderson, David Cohen, Annette Lutz, Mark McClain , Walter Mitchell, Renee Payne, Colleen Roth and Tom Ruth. Wish us luck and I'll talk to you next week.

Jw