[Ohio-talk] Unified English Braille, UEB

Lisa Hall lhall007 at cinci.rr.com
Sat Nov 15 01:52:27 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

Regarding the UEB, many of the electronic files regarding UEB is available
at www.brailleauthority.org in both .brf, .pdf with simulated Braille, and
html. If you have your iPhone with a Braille display, you can download the
files and learn them yourself. I personally have a dropbox account to store
Braille documents and use BARD Mobile to read them on the Braille display.
In order for this to work, books that have multiple volumes must be zipped
as a single file. Use the share and select open in and select the program to
open it with. Select BARD Mobile and it will be stored on your Braille book
bookshelf. I am available to help anyone find and download many UEB
resources available on the web.

By the way, Clovernook Center for the Blind is printing the instruction
manual from New Zealand for training purposes for its transcribers and
proofreaders that are in-house. In addition the ABC's of UEB and 6 volumes
of the UEB rulebook from Canada is being printed as well for transcribers
and proofreaders in-house as well. The implementation for production is
slated for January, 2016. I haven't heard a final word from NLS is to what
order will start first. I'm sure it will be gradually roll out. Clovernook
produces books and magazines available for consumers and libraries. Some of
the magazines being produced are ESPN the Magazine, New York Times Magazine,
New York Times Book Review, National Geographic, Rolling Stone, Ladies Home
Journal, Cooking Light, Science News, and so much more. If anyone have
questions, write to me at lhall007 at cinci.rr.com.

Sincerely,

Lisa hall