[Ohio-talk] Crowd Funding Our Movement

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 17:51:57 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Something we might want to consider:
Have any of you heard of Go Fund Me?  It's basically a "crowd funding"
site, or an online fundraising platform where people can donate money.
It uses platforms like Paypal and We Pay to distribute the funds
directly into a bank account.  These platforms have been successful in
raising monehy for people to have expensive medical procedures,
college students to gain money for tuition, and other costs like
funeral expenses and adoption funds for aspiring parents.

I'm using a site called You Caring to do this for my trip to Jamaica,
and really like it.  For the most part, it's very accessible.

This may be something that could be useful to us; another way to get
the NFB out there and take donations year-round.

Thoughts?

--
Kaiti Shelton
University of Dayton 2016.