[Ohio-talk] QRE: FW: Low Vision Support

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 19:55:46 UTC 2014

JW

The Cleveland Chapter has several members who have Charles Bonnet Syndrome.
Some have been diagnosed and others were introduced to it by one of our own.
I too have this Syndrome, and I did not learn of it until last year while
sitting in a training session for my former employer on "First Aid Mental
Health".

Incidentally over the course of time, there have been several people
wrongfully admitted into psychiatric institutions with the Charles Bonnet
Syndrome, due to the fact that not enough information or research was
available.  Everyone copes and reacts differently while living with the
disorder.

Consequently, it has not affected my productivity.  However, others take
medication or see a therapist on a continuous basis.  I realized now that I
have been coping with the disorder since the age of 12.  I thought I was
seeing spirits and knew that if I told, I would been seen as crazy.  I was
elated to know that it had a name.

 Charles Bonnet Syndrome can be crippling and quite disruptive for those who
are awake or at sleep.  If you do not know about Charles Bonnet Syndrome, I
advise you to read about it.  Rosa Jones will be presenting on this subject
at the convention.  She has educated and enlighten us on how to live and
move forward as well as, how to aid others with the disorder.

Just thought I would share.

	Suzanne