[Ohio-talk] FW: time Warner remotes

richard rchpay7 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 23:50:36 UTC 2014

From: Kathryn Withman [mailto:kwithman at woh.rr.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 3:37 PM
To: rchpay7 at gmail.com
Subject: time Warner remotes

Richard,

Can you put this message on Ohio Talks for me?

Thanks,

Kathy

Dear Ohio Talks Community. We just got a call from an Independent living
community about an older woman with macular degeneration who is on a limited
income and has just a few channels from Time Warner Cable and she pays a
small amount per month which is all she can afford.

With the limited viewing converter box she and many other older people she
has a very small remote control. It is so small and the buttons are so small
she cannot operate it. She just wants to be able to see her favorite
religious channel but can't operate the remote. Time Warner says this is her
only option and there is no substitute remote that will work with her cable
box. The number 5 is not even marked. Is Time Warner complying with the ADA?
Is there a solution to this problem?

Kathy Withman

937 264 3153

kwithman at woh.rr.com