[Ohio-talk] Results of Student Division Drawing

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 03:54:35 UTC 2014

Hello, my fellow Federationists,

Yesterday at the board of directors meeting the student division wrapped up its fundraiser with the much-anticipated drawing for the gift cards.  We are very thankful and appreciative for the support we received from the affiliate throughout this fundraiser, and will continue to work to build our division through this kind of effort in the future.  We have also learned some useful strategies through our first major fundraiser we can employ from now on.  I can say that our next fundraising venture will be a "Split the Pot" to take place at convention.  Tickets will be sold in the same fashion as they were for the drawing (1 for 1 and 6 for 5), and at the end of the weekend we'll split the earnings 50-50 so the winner can go home with cash in hand.

Before I tell you all who won what from the drawing, I would like to break down the impact this fundraiser has had on the division and on the BELL Program to which 50% of the money will be donated.  $305 in gift cards were donated to the fundraiser.  The Springfield chapter donated 7 out of the 15 prizes.  Other donations came from the Capital chapter, members of the Cincinnati chapter including Deborah Kendrick and Marianne Denning as well as the chapter itself, Milena Zavoli, and Sherry Ruth.  The goal I personally had in mind when we started this fundraiser was to raise $150 and to donate $75 to bell.  The actual profit of the fundraiser from ticket sales was $257, which means that $128.50 will be going to the 2015 BELL Program!  It also raises the student division's balance to 208.50, which is a good start for a treasury considering we've never had one before.

Now, here is the list of winners.  If you were not present at the board meeting, there will be a note beside your name telling you who to contact for your prize.

Card type and donating party, value, winner's name, miscellaneous notes.
 Bob Evans from Springfield, $10, Kaiti Shelton.
Panera Bread From Springfield, $10, Tim Pennington.
Chipotle Mexican Grill From Springfield, $10, Debbie Baker.
Donato's Pizza From Springfield, $10, Deanna Lewis.
Starbucks From Springfield, $10, Sherry Ruth.  ***Barbara Pierce has your card for you.
Bath and Body Works From Springfield, $25, Deborah Kendrick.
ITunes From Springfield, $25, Tim Pennington.
Bob Evans from Capital, $10, Chrystal McClain.
Papa Johns Pizza From Capital, $20, Emily Pennington.
 Wendy's from Deborah Kendrick, $20, Chrystal McClain.
Macaroni Grill from Milena, $25, Suzan Day.  ***Debbie Baker has your card for you.
K-Mart From Milena, $25, Deborah Kendrick.
Amazon From Sherry Ruth, $25, Sheri Albers.  ***Deborah Kendrick has your card for you.
Amazon From Sherry Ruth, $25, Barb Fole.
Darton Restaurants From Cincinnati, $25, Megan Shief.  ***Barbara Pierce has your card for you.
Target From Marianne Denning, $40, Paul Dressle.  ***Emily and Lillie Pennington will have your card for you.

Thanks again to all who participated in this fundraiser.
--
Kaiti Shelton
University of Dayton 2016.