[Ohio-talk] Music at Convention

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 18:10:55 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Eric has asked me to prepare some songs on guitar to play at
convention.  He has specifically requested that I learn some of the
old and new Federation songs.  So far, I'm already working on learning
the lyrics to Glory Glory Federation (I already know how to play The
Battle Hymn of the Republic) and the old Pack Plan song because
they're staples that most people should know.  However, I know that
there are plenty of other Federation songs out there, so I'm
interested to know what some of your favorites are.  I want to play
ones that are familiar so that we can have a great deal of audience
participation and singing.  So, if you could share your favorite song
titles with me either over this list or by sending me a personal email
in the coming weeks, I would really appreciate it.  My midterm break
starts on October 8th, so that will be when I start working on the
music and making my selections for what to play at convention.

Also, I am trying to slip a Beatles song or two in, so please send me
your favorite Beatles tunes as well.  I already know Let it Be, I
Wanna Hold Your Hand, Imagine, Octopus's Garden, Hey Jude, and am
working on It's Getting Better All the Time and Here Comes the Sun.
Like the Federation songs, I'll begin working on any Beatles songs I
don't already know on October 8th, so please send me song suggestions.

Thanks,
--
Kaiti Shelton
University of Dayton 2016.