[Ohio-talk] Braille Monitor article concerning deafblind cultures

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Wed Apr 1 20:25:26 UTC 2015

This article made me think of 2 men, both in their 40s or 50s, who had
Ushers.  They were born totally deaf and developed RP in adulthood.
They both wanted to learn braille so, using an SSP to communicate,
they accomplished their goal.  One of the men is very active in the
Deaf-blind community in Cincinnati and would be a great addition to
the NFB.  The other man would also be a great addition, but did not
get involved in groups.  I like the article but how do we reach out to
this population?

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053