[Ohio-talk] Braille Watch

mzavoli at roadrunner.com mzavoli at roadrunner.com
Sun Apr 26 12:02:55 UTC 2015

Hi Caiti,

It's true, you can read your Braille watch without moving the hands.  The hands are not easily moved.  Some effort is required to move their position.  There is the all-too-familiar spring that pulls outward to change the hour and minute
hand, plus, you open the from the small slightly protruding metal tab. Aside from changing your watch battery, there is nothing else to do except read your Braille watch.  Depending on the style, the price is about $59.

I used to have the wind-up Braille watch, but I must have lost it or it might have broken.  It's been so long ago, but I still miss those types of watches.  For one thing, you never needed a watch battery, and that's one less thing matter to worry about.  If you remembered to wind up your watch once a day, you were good to go.  I suppose the only place to find such a watch is on e-bay.  It's old-school technology and it worked great!

Good luck with your music classes and with finding a great Braille watch.

Milena Zavoli