[Ohio-talk] Braille Talking Watch

mzavoli at roadrunner.com mzavoli at roadrunner.com
Tue Apr 28 13:55:04 UTC 2015

Hi Caiti,

I have just come across a product I didn't know existed; a talking Braille watch.  No, this is not an oxymoron; there is such a product in existence.
It's $49.95 and it's available throughFuture Aids--the Braille Superstore.

http://www.braillebookstore.com/Talking-Braille-Watch.1

The staff can set the time to correspond with your time zone for an additional $5, but don't waste your money.  The directions are self-explanatory:

"Directions for theTalking Braille Watch From Future Aids.

Place the watch on a table in front of you, with the button used to flip open the face facing to the left.

Buttons:
Top-Left: Talk
Top-Right: Minute
Bottom-Left: Mode
Bottom-Right: Hour

To set the watch, press Mode once to enter the time-setting mode. Press the Hour and Minute buttons until the correct time is reached. Press the Mode button and repeat the above procedure for the date, year, and Alarm.

Press Mode yet again to enter the Features menu. Press Hour to configure Hourly Report. Hit Minute to turn the Alarm on and off.

Now, press Mode a final time, or simply wait for the watch to beep. This returns you to normal mode.

In normal mode, press Talk to hear the current time, or Hour to hear the current date. Press Minute to select your favorite alarm sound: Beep-beep-beep or rooster.

Happy time-telling!"

It sounds as though this device can meet your needs for silent or audible time telling.

Good luck with your watch-product search and final purchase.  I hope this product can fit the bill.

Milena Zavoli