[Ohio-talk] National Federation of the Blind Convention 2015

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 17:17:20 UTC 2015

Good Afternoon Cleveland,

I have received questions about the National Convention and I thought I
would provide it below!

Also,  our President, William Turner will be discharged on May 2, 2015 for
good.  He will be at the May 15, 2015 Cleveland Chapter meeting.  I know
that all will be glad to see him.

If you have any questions about the convention, feel free to contact me at
216-274-1405.

Suzanne

National Federation of the Blind
National Convention 2015

When:

Sunday, July 5-Friday, July 10, 2015

Where:

Rosen Centre Hotel
9840 International Drive
Orlando, Florida 32819

Reservations: Call the Rosen Centre staff at (800) 204-7234.

Preregistration:

Preregistration is now open. When purchased online by May 31st, the
preregistration fee for convention is $25 ($30 on-site) and the cost of a
banquet ticket is $55 ($60 on-site).

 <http://lx-web.nfb.org/convention/preregistration.php> Preregister online
now or use the
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/documents/pdf/2015_national_convention_preregist
ration_form.pdf> mail-in PDF form.

Hotel Information and Room Rates:

The 2015 convention of the National Federation of the Blind will take place
in Orlando, Florida, July 5-10, at the Rosen Centre Hotel at 9840
International Drive, Orlando, Florida 32819. The 2015 room rates are singles
and doubles, $82; and triples and quads, $89. In addition to the room rates
there will be a tax, which at present is 13.5 percent. Make your room
reservation as soon as possible with Rosen Centre staff by calling (800)
204-7234. At the time you make a reservation, a $95 deposit is required for
each room reserved. If you use a credit card, the deposit will be charged
against your card immediately, just as would be the case with a $95 check.
If a reservation is cancelled before Monday, June 1, 2015, half of the
deposit will be returned. Otherwise refunds will not be made.

Guest-room amenities include cable television; in-room safe; coffeemaker;
hairdryer; and high-speed Internet access. Guests can also enjoy a swimming
pool, fitness center, and on-site spa. The Rosen Centre Hotel offers fine
dining at Executive Chef Michael Rumplik's award-winning Everglades
Restaurant. In addition, there is an array of dining options from sushi to
tapas to a 24-hour deli. The hotel has first-rate amenities.

Schedule:

Sunday, July 5                  Seminar Day

Monday, July 6                  Registration Day

Tuesday, July 7                 Board Meeting and Division Day

Wednesday, July 8            Opening Session

Thursday, July 9               Business Session

Friday, July 10                  Banquet Day and Adjournment

First Timer's Guide to the NFB National Convention:

View our beginner's guide to the NFB National Convention, intended to give
the first-time convention attendee some important information about national
conventions of the National Federation of the Blind (NFB).

*          <https://nfb.org/convention-first-timers> First Timer's Guide to
the National Convention

*
<https://nfb.org/Images/nfb/Audio/Misc%202010/First_Timers_Guide_To_The_NFB_
National_Convention.mp3> First-Timer's Guide to the National Convention
(Audio)

NFB Camp:

During conventions sessions, the National Federation of the Blind offers NFB
Camp for children between the ages of six weeks and twelve years. NFB Camp
is more than just childcare; it is an opportunity for our blind and sighted
children to meet and develop lifelong friendships. The activity schedule is
filled with games, crafts, and special performances designed to entertain,
educate, and delight. For more information and to register your child for
NFB Camp, please visit  <https://nfb.org/nfb-camp-registration-form>
https://nfb.org/nfb-camp-registration-form.

Information for Sponsors and Exhibitors: