[Ohio-talk] State convention NFB Ohio

Carol Akers purplecakers at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 30 18:24:24 UTC 2015

Richard, sorry for delay, but I was in church.  To answer your question,  in order to keep it at the $100 per seat price, we need at least 50 people to commit, as we would like to be able to tip the driver without asking for extra donations.

There are several ways we could look at this, as Karen said. The chapters could split the costs & then charge their members who ride,  to recover the cost, or we could have each person pay for their seat or seats.  Problem is, we cannot wait until November to decide to do this. If we decide to book the bus, we must give a deposit within 10 days, with balance due by October 20.  Question becomes, if this method isn't used, how much are members willing to pay out to travel?  I haven't discovered a method of transit directly into Indepence, Ohio, other than private drivers. But once again, that could entail extra costs since most drivers may not want to drive the up to 5 hours one way just to turn around drive home & repeat the trip on Sunday. That is over 1,000 miles. Do the math if you pay per mile! Or if the driver stays the weekend in the hotel, added costs to each group who hires drivers. Just saying food for thought.

Carol

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android