[Ohio-talk] : KNFB Reader: Make the Print Yours this HolidaySeasonfor $74.99!

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Mon Dec 21 01:16:04 UTC 2015

There are programs that load on your computer and you use a flat bed
scanner.  If you purchase one for a Windows computer they cost around
$1,000.  If you want a truly stand alone system I believe that runs in
the $3,000 range.  That is why the KNFB Reader is so terrific.  Even
if you pay full price it is only $99.95.  That is so inexpensive
compared to anything else out there.  I have the KNFB Reader and
Kurzweil 1000 for my computer and I use both.  The KNFB reader is
definitely a high quality product.  I want to give this a little
perspective.  The first Kurzweil machine came out in the 1970s and
cost $50,000.  It did come down in price but was not really
"affordable" until the Kurzweil and Open Book programs came out in the
1990s.  There was a KNFB product that used a smart phone early in the
21st century but it cost over $2,000.  It was also a great product but
the KNFB Reader for the iPhone just revolutionized reading for people
who are blind.  I can't say enough great things about the KNFB Reader.
The one caution I would give is that it can take practice to get a
great picture if you have issues with orienting one object to another.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053