[Ohio-talk] Convention Assistance Fform

Eric Duffy peduffy63 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 16:36:23 UTC 2015

I am pasting and attaching  the convention assistance form that should be used to request funds to attend the 2015 convention in orlando.

This money will go only as far as our drive for 75 fund will allow, so let’s help JW., and the committee build the fund.

National Federation of the Blind of Ohio 2015
Convention Assistance Form

The National Federation of the Blind 2015 convention will take place July 5 through July 10 in Orlando, Florida. Because affiliate resources are restricted, those chosen to receive help will receive partial assistance only. Please complete this form and the letters requested and return them to the president before April 15. Requests received after that date will not be considered. If you have questions about the form or the process, contact me by Email peduffy63 at gmail.com <mailto:peduffy63 at gmail.com> or call (614) 935-6965, for information or help. Those seeking assistance to attend their first national convention are asked to apply for assistance from the Jernigan Fund. We will look with much more sympathy on requests for assistance of first-timers who enclose their application letters to the Jernigan Fund. Consult the January, February, or March issues of the Braille Monitor for application instructions.
	If you request cash assistance, you will have to sign an expense reimbursement form, which you can get from the president. Without a signed blank form that we can fill out with the amount of cash granted, we cannot advance any funds. If you are requesting help with  transportation only, so that we can buy your ticket without your receiving the money directly, you need not obtain and sign  the  expense form.
	Whatever assistance you are requesting, please attach a letter explaining why you wish to attend the convention and what you hope to accomplish as a result. If we should know about extenuating circumstances before making a decision about your application, please explain them briefly. No one applies for assistance without financial need, so this request is for information about extraordinary needs only.

	Please speak to your chapter or division president, and ask him or her to send me a letter of support for your application. If you are not yet a member of the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio, please call me for an interview by phone.

	Please submit all materials by Email if at all possible. Information sent by US mail will be accepted, but faxing is not an option.

Name: _____________________________________________________________

Street Address: ______________________________________________________

City, State, Zip:  _____________________________________________________

Phone:   _______________________   Email ______________________________

Number of adults:_____     	Children:_____

Date of arrival _____ Date of departure ________

The maximum stipend to offset convention expenses is $30 a day for adults and $20 a day for each child.

Are you requesting cash assistance for convention expenses?  ___Yes   ___No

Are you requesting assistance with your hotel room?  ___Yes  ___No
If the answer is No, skip the following section.

Have you made a room reservation?  ___Yes  ___No

If you are a single adult, are you able to share a room with one to three people?
___Yes  ___No
Note: hotel assistance will be for half of a double. If you find more roommates, your cash will go further.
Should a roommate know about any habits or health problems?  ___Yes  ___No
If yes, please explain.__________________________________

Are you requesting transportation assistance?  ___Yes  ___No
If you answered no, skip the following section.

Are you planning to drive to the convention? __Yes  ___No

If so, how much assistance are you requesting? $_________
(We reimburse at 48 cents a mile.)

If you have already made transportation arrangements, please explain them.

Miscellaneous Expenses

Will you need childcare?  ____Yes  ____No    If yes, for how many?  ___

Together registration and banquet will cost about $80 if you preregester. Are you requesting assistance with these important fees?  ___Yes  ___No
(Please note that this year preregistration is available online and by mail. We urge everyone to save money by preregistering.)

Send by Email peduffy63 at gmail.com <mailto:peduffy63 at gmail.com> or
 Mail before April 15 to:
NFB of Ohio
P.O. Box 82055
Columbus, OH  43202

Eric Duffy, President National Federation of the Blind of Ohio