[Ohio-talk] Important Change in Ohio State Convention Information

Eric Duffy peduffy63 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 01:43:47 UTC 2015

At our January 31, 2015 Board meeting we voted to have the 2015 Convention in Columbus/Worthington and our 2016 convention in Independence.

These are both DoubleTree hotels.

Our contract with the Columbus hotel fell apart today. They were only willing to give us the hotel during the Thanksgiving weekend. Although I personally think it would be fun to have a Federation Thanksgiving, I didn’t think the rest of the organization would approve.

Therefore, our 2015 convention will be at the DoubleTree Independence November 19, 20, 21, and 22. This is closer to Thanksgiving than would I would like, but it is what we have. The room rate is $89 plus tax.

The 2016 convention will be at the same hotel November 10-13. The room rate is also $89 plus tax.

Eric Duffy, President National Federation of the Blind of Ohio