[Ohio-talk] Michigan Supreme Court Judge

Deborah Kendrick dkkendrick at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 26 03:39:49 UTC 2015

Let me add a bit of info to both topics in this message.
First, while I applaud his success in the Michigan Election, Mr. Bernstein
is not one of us.
This is the third year he has spoken in Cincinnati, incidentally.
He proudly tells audiences that all blind people must have good memories to
succeed because blind people can't read!  He says it like a punchline.
When I asked him about it at a dinner we shared, he shrugged that he'd
learned braille when young but found it difficult and unwieldy.
He does not use braille and has no interest in it.
Secondly, the meeting you refer to was one of the 20 or so focus groups held
around the state last summer in preparation for the work done by a special
Work Integration Taskforce.
We worked from August through December to compile a report on the employment
potential of people who are blind, deaf, or deafblind.  That report, which
was rich with recommendations, was presented to the Governor on January 1.

You can read it for yourself on NEWSLINE.

The taskforce, incidentally, included both Dr. JW Smith and me, Deborah
Kendrick.

Hope this information is helpful..

Deborah