[Ohio-talk] Let's Go To Baltimore!

Barbara Pierce bpierce at oberlin.net
Mon Jan 12 13:15:05 UTC 2015

This is a great plan. I hope lots of folks will take advantage of this chance. It would be helpful for you to get the terminology right before you go. We used to refer to the entire complex as the National Center for the Blind. I must confess that I still do. But when we built the new building, it was named the National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute. The short form is the Jernigan Institute or JI. That now seems to have become the title for the whole shooting match. It is never referred to as the Jernigan Center. I point this out because the staff is sensitive to the name. Have a great time.

Barbara

Barbara Pierce
President Emerita
bpierce at oberlin.net