[Ohio-talk] Expectations

mzavoli at roadrunner.com mzavoli at roadrunner.com
Wed Jan 21 21:52:20 UTC 2015

Hello List Members,

I listened to the NPR message and although I agree that for once, it's positive, I have a problem with the hiker's encouragement of emitting oral clicking sounds as a form of mobility.  I've heard others make such sounds and it seems out of place for a blind person to use as a mobility method.  One's cane will transmit echo location information when tapped on a hard surface, such as the ground.  I've often found buildings or objects using this tried-and-true method.

Milena Zavoli