[Ohio-talk] Important Convention Reminders

Eric Duffy peduffy63 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 04:47:48 UTC 2015

Here is what Deborah Kendrick sent to the Cincinnati Chapter Listserv. I thought it was well done, so I am simply copying it for you. If I had more energy, I would add a few more things. But If you pay attention to these things, you will be doing well.
Greetings one and all,
In case you didn’t see Eric’s message on Ohio-Talk, it contained some important reminders for Ohio people attending convention.

Especially if you haven’t been before – and even if you have been to many – these are some Ohio specific points you won’t want to forget.

The OHIO CAUCUS will take place  on Tuesday,  July 7, , 7:45-8:45 AM , in SALON 15 in the Rosen Center. You will not want to miss this meeting. There will be important information you will need for the rest of the convention.

        Susan Day is collecting banquet tickets this year. If you want to sit at an Ohio table during the banquet, get your ticket to Susan by the end of the CAUCUS. Please be sure to make sure that your name is on the ticket in Braille or print. If you are unable to put your name on the ticket in either format, please get someone to help you get it done.

(If this is your first time, you get your banquet ticket when you register, but you turn that ticket into Susan and will get a second ticket back that assigns your seat.  Think of it this way:  The first ticket buys you a meal.  The second ticket buys you a seat.  Please, please don’t forget because I want each of us to be sitting with other Ohio people.)

        We will once again be selling m&m's at this convention. Aleeha Dudley and Richard Payne are in charge of candy sales this year.  You are given a bag of candy and asked to sell it.  If you can pay in advance, before selling the candy, great.

Those are Eric’s tips.

Now, here are some from DK.

The seven founding states of the Federation are co-hosts of the convention this year.  Ohio is one of those states, and our piece of the hospitality pie is to work the hospitality suite.

A handful of members of NFB Ohio have been assigned to that task, but you all should know that one of them is Sheri Albers.  Be sure to drop in, meet some fine people, and give Sheri a hand if she needs it!

Registration begins early Monday morning.  If you pre-registered it doesn’t take long.

Exhibits also open Monday.

The NFB Board of Directors meeting is at from 9:00 to 11:30 Tuesday morning.  I remember that at my first few conventions, I did not realize that most people went to this meeting.

It’s really cool to see how the national board is run, and it is also the “unofficial” kickoff of the convention.

If you have never been to a convention, you might want to check out the rookies meeting.  It’s in the program, and I think it is Sunday evening.

If you don’t have a program (and you will get one in your media of choice when you register), it is online at www.nfb.org <http://www.nfb.org/>.

Not to worry, though.

If you forget any of these things or have any questions at all, you can call me

513-673-4474

And you can use that number if you have questions about anything or just want to find a fellow Ohioan tohang out with for a while.

We are all arriving on different days, but do please let me know when you arrive.

I am looking forward to seeing all of you – and a gazillion other people as well!

Best,

Deborah