[Ohio-talk] Bradley VS Braille Watches

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 04:52:25 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I believe Marianne Denning has a Bradley, but if anyone else has seen
one feel free to jump in.  I buckled down and bought a braille watch a
few days ago because I was faced with the notion (as I was taking
stock before going shopping for needed items) that my cell phone might
be useless in Jamaica and I'll need some reliable source of telling
time.  The braille watch I bought from the Independence Market is
nice, but the one problem I have with it is that I can't get a precise
time reading as the face of the watch is pretty small.  I can read it
fine when the hands are lined up on the dots signifying the numbers of
course, but I can't precisely see the minutes in between.  This might
sound like a somewhat silly thing to worry about, but considering I
was going to get a watch anyway for music therapy sessions, where
pacing is very important and experiences can sometimes take odd
intervals of time, I'd like to have a more precise source of time not
including my IPhone.  Is the Bradley better at doing this?  If so I
can get one by the end of the summer like I originally planned, but if
there isn't much of a difference I'll stick with the braille watch I
bought in a pinch.

--
Kaiti Shelton
University of Dayton 2016.