[Ohio-talk] Sad News Barb Fohl

Eric Duffy peduffy63 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 21:26:29 UTC 2015

It is with a very heavy heart that I must let you know that our friend and colleague in the movement Barb Fohl, died this morning.

Barb had serious health problems for some time, and she spent the last few months in the Cleveland Clinic or in a skilled nursing facility.

For me and many of us Barb was a true friend. We very often talked about a wide variety of issues. These could include very personal issues for either of us or the business of the Federation.

No matter what we discussed I counted on the fact that she would give me the best advice she could. I also counted on the fact that I could  trust her to keep those things in confidence that should remain confidential. She had the judgement to know when to do so even when I didn’t specifically indicate the need for our conversation to remain between the two of us.

She did what she could to support BELL and the National Federation of the Blind. She gave generously to the organization even when she was short of money herself.

I do not have additional details at this point. I have left my name and telephone number with skilled nursing to be given to her sister Ginny. I will keep you informed as I get more information.

I will deeply miss Barb, and I know all of you will as well.

Please keep Barb and her family in your thoughts and prayers.

Eric