[Ohio-talk] Sad News Barb Fohl

barbara.pierce9366 at gmail.com barbara.pierce9366 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 13:02:08 UTC 2015

I confess that since yesterday I have been hearing Barb’s voice in my head. She was quiet and private, but always cheerful and positive. Last year when her position as second vice president was eliminated and her name was placed innomination for a board seat, she never expressed to me disappointment at not being elected despite her long years of service. She never flagged in her support of the NFB of Ohio. She was a wonderful singer and Braille reader. She served as secretary of the NAPUB of Ohio and as president of the Seniors Division. When we needed a job done, especially if it was something quiet and self-effacing, Barb was your girl. We need many more members like her. She will be impossible to replace.

Rest in peace, Barb.
Barbara Pierce
President Emerita
Barbara.pierce9366 at gmail.com
440-774-8077
The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you zwant; blindness is not what holds you back.