[Ohio-talk] interesting article

meandthedog at oberlin.net meandthedog at oberlin.net
Wed May 6 10:28:58 UTC 2015

>Because many of us had an adduction and have had privileges in work and
play,
the majority of the the blind are in poverty. They may work for some small
businesses
for the out of date minimum swage. They may work in sweat shops, they May
be home
all there lives in poverty.
I hear nothing about the blind poor.
Look at our conventions I come to our state convention because my Lain county
NFB. pays my way. i am fortunate to pay it back. As s small income I help
the NFB
in many ways and do not demand anything but the opportunity to be proud of my
abilities and am welcomed to my state affiliate.
It is time that we start realizing the the majority of blind people live
in HUD housing
or at home with mom.
We need to stand up for the blind who are not privileged to have a college
degree.

It took us years to start to recognize the jobs that blind epode do in so
called shelter
work shops, to service.,
We some time think we are all educated and do not realize how privileged
we are.
Megan and MS. P.

 It looks like this article was written in the past but I thought it