[Ohio-talk] What would you do?

Eric Duffy peduffy63 at gmail.com
Tue May 12 17:44:43 UTC 2015

I am a little tired of the NFB Centers thread at this point. Perhaps some education has taken place around this topic.

I think it is safe to say, that most of us on this list would say that, rehabilitation services for the blind are in need of significant improvement in this state. What would you do? Where would you start? As my friend Cheryl Fields said in another message, “it takes a village.” So, as president of the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio, the elected leader of this village, what would you do? Where would you start if you were in my position?

I don’t ask these questions to create a debate. I want carefully thought out and reasoned advice!

If you don’t want to put it on this list, and I remind you that it is a public list, then email me privately.

peduffy63 at gmail.com <mailto:peduffy63 at gmail.com>

Don’t give me simple answers however. If the answers were easy and simple, we would have solved many of the problems a long time ago.

Tell me where you think we should start and what we should first accomplish, and how we should do it.

We have the right to say the system is broken. We have the right to demand that blind Ohioans receive services that are second to none in the country. Along with those rights we have the responsibility to take meaningful and constructive actions to bring about what we are asking for.

I look forward to your suggestions.

Eric