[Ohio-talk] Highbrook Lodge and Multiple Disabilities

mzavoli at roadrunner.com mzavoli at roadrunner.com
Wed May 20 03:57:31 UTC 2015

Hi Colleen,

I apoplgize to you and to every other multiply disabled.  I don't mean to offend anyone and everyone needs a chance to live up to their highest potential whether it be at camp or in everyday life.  Who knows, I could have been one of those persons with multiple disabilities, and I guess one of life's lessons is to put oneself into someone else's shoes.

Thank you.

However, I don't apologize for the filth, the small showers and the cold and drafty rooms.  Did I mention that the beds were hard and felt clammy?  During that winter session, I slept on top of the covers with my coat draped over me.  I didn't want to look under the covers for fear that I might find something disagreeable.

With regard to the bathroom doors, I would have appreciated more privacy, and they appeared to be too small for a wheelchair to fit into, just like the showers.  If you had been there, I don't think you would have been able to take a shower owing to the close quarters of the stall.

Cathy, about Camp Wapanaki, write me off list.

Thanks again for setting me straight.

Milena Zavoli