[Ohio-talk] Greyhound

Debra Baker bakerdebra53 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 20:48:19 UTC 2015

Dear Robby,

Though it is better for me to have handled this offlist, Aleeha Dudley and I
are in regular contact with Cheryl Echevarria, President of the NFB Travel
and Tourism division about Greyhound's website.  As Aleeha has told you, she
and Garrett Mooney co-wrote the Greyhound resolution with which Barbara
Pierce also helped, and perhaps ultimately edited.  Due to the sudden
illness of my guide dog, and her immediate need for chemo, I decided not to
attend 2015 national convention.

But I initially approached Aleeha with questions and concerns about the
Greyhound website.  I had been receiving training on the site from Denise
Robinson, also affiliated with the NFB, and a teacher of the visually
impaired (TVI).  I finally wondered why I hadn't known of a resolution to
address the problems with the Greyhound site.  I will send you the latest
thread of conversation about this resolution and progress thus far.  But I
would appreciate your email address offlist, please.  Mine is
bakerdebra53 at gmail.com.  Our latest difficulty is finding a date and time
when all are available for a call.  We are, of course, trying to work
amicably and very cooperatively with Greyhound reps.  It seems that they are
aware of others' difficulties with physical disabilities and Greyhound, but
seemed unaware of issues for the blind until they have been on the calls
with Anil Lewis of the National Center, Cheryl Echevarria and the rest of
us.  Thank you for your interest.  Perhaps you can express your interest
directly to Cheryl Echevarria as well as sharing your email with me offlist.

cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com

Cordially,

Debbie Baker

Cheryl Echevarria of Travel and Tourism has invited those of us who
participated in the draft of the resolution to join on the conference calls,
(held monthly for her division.