[Ohio-talk] braille workshops offered at state convention

Debra Baker bakerdebra53 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 16:40:25 UTC 2015

Dear friends,

Marianne Denning and I will conduct two workshops relevant to Braille on
Friday, November 20, during NFBO convention.  One will address highlights of
the January, 2016 transition to the UEB (Unified English Braille)  code.
The other will be an introduction to Braille, content to be very basic.

We will be distributing handouts for each workshop.  Workshops will be
offered twice, each to last approximately one and a half hours.  We realize
that, in each hour and a half time block, we will speak to a mixture of
participants-some desiring to learn more about UEB and others to have a
basic introduction to Braille.  Therefore, Marianne and I have discussed the
probability of dividing the entire group for each time block into two groups
respectively-those learning UEB and those learning intro to Braille.

We are asking that, if you even think you might attend a Braille workshop on
Friday, please notify me, Debbie Baker, as soon as possible.  Please do not
bakerdebra53 at gmail.com.  If you do not have access to a computer, you may
call me at (937)  471-5193.  Marianne and I would like an approximate
participant count in order to emboss enough handouts.  Of course we will
probably have a few extras, but if we have a count ahead of time, you are
less likely to feel excluded from our workshop content.

Please remember that the other workshops that are offered during the same
blocks of time in the agenda are IOS devices, Windows 10 and the NFB
Structured Discovery method of orientation.  Each of these workshops will be
offered twice on Friday.

Thank you for your attention to this email and for your timely responses.

Cordially,

Debbie Baker and Marianne Denning