[Ohio-talk] Hearing of Blind People was RE: interesting information

Walter Mitchell wmitch at zoomtown.com
Wed Oct 28 18:23:21 UTC 2015

I also lost my sight. I have been totally blind for 10 years now. I believe
that everyone have the listening capacity that we have in a normal
situation. I really had no idea just how much we utilize sight until I lost
it, for things as balance and gathering of navigation information. Some of
the things are apparent, but now that sight is gone, my hearing has taken
over for the lost of sight in a way that I never would have guest. Some of
the advancement of my hearing happened naturally, but the more I utilize
this aspect, the more advanced my hearing becomes. I can't say that this is
a remapping by my brain, or it maybe the requirement of my mind to survive
in this society.

Much Love,
Walter