[Ohio-talk] Fwd: [Nfb-krafters-korner] OT Chinese Inventors Aim to Help the Blind Brush their Teeth Independently

adcohen823 at roadrunner.com adcohen823 at roadrunner.com
Mon Sep 21 20:40:16 UTC 2015

Ifn we only has such back whens we was washinen ourselves with rags on sticks well who knows where they blind might be today?

I wonder why the toothbrush is not electronic?  Blind folk need machines!

I love kung pow chicken but the peanuts betwixt my teeth feel like additional moellers in my mouth when I am finished eating.  A toothbrush auger (Braille included) would be worthwhile.

I notice this about my dentist.  Dr. Q is often speaking to me while he works two stainless steel metal tools inside my mouth.  The dental assistant is standing beside the dentist's chair and she has hold of my cheek, and she's  pull-stretching it like its a animal pelt.

Take Note:  often times our dentist's are working by feel and using the tools to touch-locate areas in our mouths without looking directly into our mouths.  Barbers talk to other customers while scissoring my hair and sometimes watch FOX news which is more scary than him not looking at my head.

"How you been doing Dave" Dr. Q asks me?

I am having a conversation with Dr. Q with a stiff jaw, and with a tongue that is as useful as a windsock in an elevator yet  he understands me.  He understands the language of garbled speech and body language maybe?  Eyes?  Facial expression...?

"how many years have you been coming here Dave?"

I can say eight.

"Did you walk or ride the bus this morning?"

"I hook uh usen I alked ere."

"How long did you wait for the bus?"

My eyebrows rise in surprise and I attempt to smile with the little slack I have in my stretched mouth. Dr. Q is manipulating his tools with the ease of an orchestral xylophonist and he leans in to listen to my answer.

"Ot ong" I tell him and he then tells me that not long is too long and that he'll drive me home after the appointment.

This is a trade secret or at least a trade skill.  Dentists might be excellent speech pathologists I consider to myself.  It'd be like the old west when you could get a tooth pulled and a shave.

Dr. Q sticks floss, a toothbrush and toothpaste into my hand before he pushes the office door open to the parking lot outside and I follow him to his car