[Ohio-talk] April 4th Update: Flying Pig BLT Station

Sheri Albers salbers1 at twc.com
Mon Apr 4 14:37:27 UTC 2016

Hello NFBO,
Play Ball! It's opening day for the Cincinnati Reds and the Findlay Market
parade will start in a couple hours. Speaking of another Cincinnati
tradition, the Flying Pig Marathon is right around the corner!
There are only three weeks to go and we have not reached our volunteer goal.
As of this morning, we only have 21 volunteers signed up. We will not get
paid our $500 unless we have 25-30 volunteers. I have already asked those
members who have volunteered to grab as many of their friends and family to
join them. We need to see more NFB members to "step up to the plate." I
would hate to go outside our NFB family, to fulfill our commitment. What is
holding us back?

We will be discussing a theme for our station, with music and a slogan to
cheer the runners on. We will have the NFB banner proudly displayed for all
to see!
Rachel has put out a very generous offer for out of town members and Denver
is scoping out a breakfast/lunch spot when our task is done. This will be a
Federation party!

I have put the instructions for the online sign-up form below, for those who
missed it. Please go ahead and do this as soon as possible. I will be
checking this often and sending out reminders. Remember, we will be getting
great exposure, great satisfaction, great fun and $500 for doing this event!
Let's go build the Federation!

Here are the instructions:
1) Follow the direct link to the online volunteer registration site:
http://volunteer.getmeregistered.com/events/open_opportunities.php?id=190
2) Find and select  National Federation of the Blind of Ohio   from the
Group list
3) Complete Required Volunteer Information
4) Use  blt  (lower case letters) as the group password when asked near the
end of the form.
5) Click "Get Me Registered" to submit your information You will get an
email confirmation of your assignment. Please let me know if you have any
trouble and/or questions.

Thank you so much and let's go build the Federation!

Sheri Albers

Ohio-talk: