[Ohio-talk] Flying Pig and Charity Day 5 K

Carol Akers purplecakers at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 18 17:29:54 UTC 2016

Good Sunny Ohio morning and afternoon to you all!This is just a quick reminder that we are quickly approaching the end of all online ticket sales for the Piggest Raffle of the Flying Pig Marathon.  This drawing will take place in downtown Cincinnati, Ohio on April 29th.   The opportunity to purchase those online tickets will end, yes end on Wednesday, the 27th of April.  Therefore you only have 10 days left to get your name in the drawing for a $5,000 cash prize or the 2 year lease on a Prius (yes I know we all love quiet cars, but it is FREE) or a Cincinnati get away valued at over $1,500.  All it takes is one $5 ticket and that could be yours.  The  odds of winning are better than they are for winning the Mega Lotto or Ohio Lotto so, increase your odds and buy one, three, six or even 12 chances.  AND if you are the lucky winner, so is the NFB of Ohio a winner for selling the winning ticket!   That means $5,000 cash for the NFB also.  What an easy way to support the fundraising efforts of our affiliate.  The Charity Day 5K is still in need of members to get involved and participate.   It will be held June 26th in Columbus.  What a way to promote your independence in travel and  show your face as a proud NFB of Ohio member!  This is an awesome opportunity to increase awareness of the NFB and what we stand for.  There will be other organizations involved with participants and spectators who will take note of our presence,  along with the media.  This is an event you don't want to miss.  With our organization visible to other charities and spectators, you never know what connections could be made or who who may need what we have. Bring your chapter and Division members, friends, family, co-workers, neighbors and join us in Columbus.  Remember that this is all part of the Marching for and to Independence, Ohio that is.  This campaign will help with convention assistance funds.  Lets make it a positive experience and get it done in true NFB form. Bring on the canes and the dogs and the power of the NFB.Got my shoes ready, Carol