[Ohio-talk] Canes for Kids!

Cheryl Fields cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 18:05:58 UTC 2016

Community Service;
I have been asked to pass along the following announcement from
Conchita  Hernandez.
 as many of you know, Conchita has been a frequent presenter at our
Annual Community Service Division Seminars, and has been a leader  in
our early efforts in the community service group/division.
 She offers a great opportunity to give to our blind brothers and
sisters, something we should always continue to do  as members of the
NFB.
  as a fellow   Federationist, I hope that you might consider offering
your assistance  with her project below:.
Canes for Kids!

Can you imagine living without your cane and lacking the basic
resources to be independent?  METAS (Mentoring Engaging and Teaching
all Students) will be providing canes to blind students at a school in
Mexico. These students do not have canes and need them to be
independent. How can you help? You can provide a cane to a child
through one of two options below. When you make your donation the
child's cane will include a label with your name as the donor of the
cane.
1. Send your extra canes laying around or purchase a childs size cane
and send it to
Conchita Hernandez
6115 14th St NW
Washington, DC 20011
2. Send us a donation with a comment of "this donation is for canes"
through Go Fund Me at https://www.gofundme.com/6a4a86ns

All of your donations can be tax deductible.
Thank you ahead of time for helping us raise the expectations of blind
students abroad!

Conchita Hernandez, METAS