[Ohio-talk] national convention assistance form 2016

richard rchpay7 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 21:59:30 UTC 2016

2016 Convention Assistance Form

The National Federation of the Blind 2016 convention will take place June 30
through July 5th at the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort at 9939 Universal
Boulevard in Orlando, Florida. .

Instructions:

Please complete this form and the letters requested and return them to
president, Richard . Payne before May 7, 2016.  Requests received after that
date will not be considered.  If you have questions about the form or the
process, contact me by Email at rchpay7 at gmail.com or call (937)396-5573, for
information or help.

For anyone receiving convention assistance, volunteer positions at either
the NFB Independence Market or the Ohio Affiliate Exhibit Table will be
highly recommended for you to participate.  If there is any reason you would
not be able to perform these volunteer positions, please notify me.

First Timers:

Those of you seeking assistance to attend the first national convention must
apply for assistance from the Jernigan Fund. Thus, First-Timers, will
receive great consideration on requests for assistance of who has enclose
their application letters to the Jernigan Fund.  Please consult the January,
February, or March issues of the Braille Monitor for application
instructions.

Assistance Request:

If you request cash assistance from the Ohio Affiliate, you will have to
sign an expense reimbursement form, which you can get from the president.
Without this signed blank form that we can fill out with the amount of cash
granted, we cannot advance any funds.  If you are requesting help with
transportation only, so that we can buy your ticket without your receiving
the money directly, you do not need to obtain and sign the expense form.

Whatever assistance you are requesting, please attach a letter explaining
why you wish to attend the convention and what you hope to accomplish as a
result.  If we should know about extenuating circumstances before making a
decision about your application, please explain them briefly.  No one
applies for assistance without financial need.  So, this request is for
information about extraordinary needs only.  Please speak to your chapter or
division president, and ask him or her to send me a letter of support for
your application.  If you are not yet a member of the National Federation of
the Blind of Ohio, you must call me for an interview by phone at the contact
information above.

Finally, please submit all materials by Email if at all possible.
Information sent by US mail will be accepted, but faxing is not an option.
Thank you for submitting your application and I am looking forward to seeing
you at the 2016 National Federation of the Blind Convention in Orlando
Florida!

Name: _____________________________________________________________

Street Address: _____________________________________________________

City, State, Zip: _____________________________________________________

Phone:   _______________________   Email ______________________________

Number of adults: _____            Children: _____

Date of arrival _____ Date of departure ________

The maximum stipend to offset convention expenses is $40 a day for adults
and $20 a day for each child.

Are you requesting cash assistance for convention expenses? Yes/No ___   ___

Are you requesting assistance with your hotel room? Yes/NO ______ If the
answer is No, skip the following section.

Have you made a room reservation? Yes/NO______

If you are a single adult, are you able to share a room with one to three
people? Yes/NO _____

Note: hotel assistance will be for half of a double. If you find more
roommates, your cash will go further.

Should a roommate know about any habits or health problems? Yes/NO ______ If
yes, please explain.__________________________________

Are you requesting transportation assistance? Yes/NO ___ ___ If you answered
no, skip the following section.

Are you planning to drive to the convention? Yes/NO _____

If so, how much assistance are you requesting? $_________ (We reimburse at
48 cents a mile.)

If you have already made transportation arrangements, please explain them.

Miscellaneous Expenses

Will you need childcare? Yes/NO ________    If yes, for how many?  ___

Together registration and banquet will cost about $85.00 if you preregister.
Are you requesting assistance with these important fees?  yes___ ___No
(Please note that this year preregistration is available online and by mail.
We urge everyone to save money by preregistering.)

Send by Email to rchpay7 at gmail.com > or Mail before May    7th to:

NFB of Ohio

1019 Wilmington ave. apt. 43

Kettering, OH 45420

National Federation of the Blind of Ohio,

Richard Payne, President

blindness is not what holds you back.