[Ohio-talk] Fundraising activities for physically active members

Carol Akers purplecakers at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 25 15:09:23 UTC 2016

Good Monday morning to all!Bacon lovers everywhere take note!Time is running out for the opportunity to get your name in the pig for a chance at the $5,000 prize.The current, updated total for online sales is not available just yet, but I do know there were more online sales over the weekend.  I would love to see us reach $1,000 before Wednesday the 27th  at midnite.  We are definitely close. Don't forget that this money is part of the Marching to Independence fund which is monies for convention assistance. If you have people that are waiting til the last minute to decide, please encourage them to get it done Today or Tomorrow, as Wednesday will be a very busy online sale day and they may miss their chance.  You know how it gets when computers are overloaded and you get kicked off of sites just when you think you have your purchase done.  EEEEKKKK! It is a scarey thing!  Who can get a friend or family member online today to buy their ticket?  Let everyone know that you do not have to be present to win, you don't even have to live in OHIO to win!  Anyone, anywhere can enter AND WIN.
Next, the race weekend is coming up quickly and many of us will be gathered together on May 1st for the BLT station representing the NFB of Ohio.  OOH RAH! This is exciting!
And lastly, where are all our participants for the Charity Day 5K?  I heard lots of people talking about wanting to be a part of it, wanting to show their support of the NFB of Ohio and most of all, show Ohio the NFB members!  Where are youi?  I got the update on registered participants and it stands at Richard Payne, Sheri Albers, Janine PIckens, Carol Akers and Walter Mitchell as supporting.
Who will join us?  If you need help registering online, please contact me and I will assist you.  Lets show Columbus and Ohio who we are.  There is nothing to be fearful of, it is not about who is the fastest, it is about who has the courage and motivation to get their faces out and share the word about the NFB and  the abilities, the independence, the power of the NFB.The link is below. Let's create a strong presence in all we do! Let people know we are serious about this organization and we stand behind it, right?

http://www.charityday5k.com/charity-partners/national-federation-of-the-blind-of-ohio/