[Ohio-talk] Using braille online

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckhallenbeck at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 13:23:18 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

I'm not fortunate enough to have a refreshable braille display, but I
still make good use of braille on my computer. It is my favorite tool
for creating hard-to-remember passwords, unless you happen to be braille
literate.

Consider these equivalent passwords, the first in plain text, the second
in grade 2 braille:

1.  evergreenbushes  =  "egre9bu%es

2. easternedge  =  ea/]n$ge

3. yesterday  =  ye/]"d

In all the above, the plain text version would probably be rejected as
consisting of ordinary English words, too easy to snoop. But just try
remembering the second member of each pair at a glance.

Viva la brl.

Chuck