[Ohio-talk] Anyone Remember Detroit?

Everett Gavel everett at everettgavel.com
Sat Aug 27 22:43:40 UTC 2016

I thought some of you might like to know a bit of
good news regarding someone who helped the Ohio
Affiliate back in the ...  was it '09?...
convention in Detroit.

Sarah Chung and her guide-dog Jim came ovr from
Chicago to check out their first NFB convention,
the year we had it in Detroit. A few of us met her
in the lobby and befriended them. We ended up
getting her involved a little, and she helped us
carry our state flag during the March that year.

She seemed like a spritely little thing, whom, by
the way, at that point already knew some form of
martial art that her dad taught in his dojo in
Chicago, that she could break bricks with her
little hands. She reminds me of Tina Thomas in
that way. Tiny powerhouses that pack a punch.

Anyway, the other day on Facebook she announced
that she'd just learned she'd been added onto Team
USA, the 2016 Paralympic team going to Rio. She
was brought in for her mad Judo skills.

So when and if you're paying attention to the
upcoming Paralympics in a couple of weeks, now you
know who Sara Chung is, when you hear her name.
;-)Even though she'd never yet been to an NFB
convention at that point, she didn't hesitate to
roll up her sleeves and jump right in and have
some fun while helping the Ohio Affiliate.

Yay Sarah! You go Girl. I know you'll represent
America well. Many blessings to your efforts and
your path, Warrior.

Strive On, All, Strive On!
Everett
(Previously from the Akron chapter, now in
Colorado Springs)
everett at everettgavel.com
(719) 510-8017