[Ohio-talk] FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] NFB Legislative Alert

richard rchpay7 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 07:00:21 UTC 2016

From: NFBNet-Members-List [mailto:nfbnet-members-list-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Diggs, Parnell via NFBNet-Members-List
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 2:25 PM
To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] NFB Legislative Alert

Dear Colleagues:

On this last day of November, I have the following matters to bring to your
attention. First, please take a moment to call your House member this week
and ask her or him to cosponsor the Accessible Instructional Materials in
Higher Education (AIM HE) Act., H.R. 6122. AIM HE was introduced by
Republican Phil Roe of Tennessee, and the lead cosponsor is Democrat Joe
Courtney of Connecticut. You can reach the Capitol Switchboard at (202)
224-3121. From there, simply request to be connected with your Congressman.
In addition to Tennessee and Connecticut, I want to thank our California and
New York affiliates for securing cosponsors on AIM HE so far.

While on the phone, please also mention the TIME Act, H.R. 188. Below this
message, I am listing the names of each House member and their state as
acknowledgement to those affiliates which have secured cosponsors on the
TIME Act during the 114th Congress. There are seventy-eight of them to date.
Please thank your representative if she or he has cosponsored the TIME Act,
or urge them to do so in addition to cosponsoring AIM HE. Your calls are
important because it is crucial that we stay in contact with our legislators
on a regular basis, moreover, while the 114th Congress is about to come to
an end, gaining these cosponsors will help us get off to a quicker start in
the next Congress.

Additional details about the Marrakesh Treaty and Space Available are
forthcoming very soon, but suffice it to say that we are working on these
items every day within the relevant House and Senate committees. Thus, we do
not need phone calls on Marrakesh and Space Available at this time. I have
one other item to discuss with you. Next week, we will be sending you
template letters about requesting appointments with members of Congress for
the Washington Seminar. Please be on the lookout for those items and related
materials.

Exactly two months from today, we will be participating in the Great
Gathering-in at the 2017 Washington Seminar. As President Riccobono observed
in this week's President's Notebook, the Holiday Inn Capitol is accepting
reservations now. Before December 28, please call (877) 572-6951, or go to
https://nfb.org/washington-seminar where you can access the Holiday Inn
Capitol page and make your reservations using booking code F7B. The rates
are $188 for a room accommodating up to four persons, and the applicable tax
is 14.5 percent.

As you can see, we have much to do in the next sixty days or so.  In the
meantime, if you celebrate the Holiday Season, I hope it is a good one for
you and your loved ones, my Federation family.

Warmly,
Parnell

TIME Act (H.R. 188) Cosponsors
Young, Don [R-AK-At Large]
Calvert, Ken [R-CA-42]
Davis, Susan A. [D-CA-53]
Eshoo, Anna G. [D-CA-18]
Lowenthal, Alan S. [D-CA-47]
McNerney, Jerry [D-CA-9]
Napolitano, Grace F. [D-CA-32]
Roybal-Allard, Lucille [D-CA-40]
Ruiz, Raul [D-CA-36]
Speier, Jackie [D-CA-14]
Swalwell, Eric [D-CA-15]
Courtney, Joe [D-CT-2]
Bilirakis, Gus M. [R-FL-12]
Castor, Kathy [D-FL-14]
Grayson, Alan [D-FL-9]
Hastings, Alcee L. [D-FL-20]
Webster, Daniel [R-FL-10]
Bishop, Sanford D., Jr. [D-GA-2]
Bustos, Cheri [D-IL-17]
Davis, Danny K. [D-IL-7]
Duckworth, Tammy [D-IL-8]
Gutierrez, Luis V. [D-IL-4]
Quigley, Mike [D-IL-5]
Schakowsky, Janice D. [D-IL-9]
Visclosky, Peter J. [D-IN-1]
Young, David [R-IA-3]
Yarmuth, John A. [D-KY-3]
Abraham, Ralph Lee [R-LA-5]
Cummings, Elijah E. [D-MD-7]
Edwards, Donna F. [D-MD-4]
Van Hollen, Chris [D-MD-8]
Clark, Katherine M. [D-MA-5]
Lynch, Stephen F. [D-MA-8]
McGovern, James P. [D-MA-2]
Moulton, Seth [D-MA-6]
Neal, Richard E. [D-MA-1]
Conyers, John, Jr. [D-MI-13]
Lawrence, Brenda L. [D-MI-14]
Miller, Candice S. [R-MI-10]
Trott, David A. [R-MI-11]
Upton, Fred [R-MI-6]
Thompson, Bennie G. [D-MS-2]
Fortenberry, Jeff [R-NE-1]
Kuster, Ann M. [D-NH-2]
Lujan Grisham, Michelle [D-NM-1]
Lujan, Ben Ray [D-NM-3]
Engel, Eliot L. [D-NY-16]
Jeffries, Hakeem S. [D-NY-8]
King, Peter T. [R-NY-2]
Lowey, Nita M. [D-NY-17]
Maloney, Sean Patrick [D-NY-18]
Rice, Kathleen M. [D-NY-4]
Slaughter, Louise McIntosh [D-NY-25]
Tonko, Paul [D-NY-20]
Velazquez, Nydia M. [D-NY-7]
Ellmers, Renee L. [R-NC-2]
Price, David E. [D-NC-4]
Fudge, Marcia L. [D-OH-11]
Kaptur, Marcy [D-OH-9]
Cole, Tom [R-OK-4]
Mullin, Markwayne [R-OK-2]
Brady, Robert A. [D-PA-1]
Fattah, Chaka [D-PA-2]
Fitzpatrick, Michael G. [R-PA-8]
Marino, Tom [R-PA-10]
Pierluisi, Pedro R. [D-PR-At Large]
Rice, Tom [R-SC-7]
Blackburn, Marsha [R-TN-7]

Parnell Diggs, Esq.
Director of Government Affairs
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 659-9314, extension 2222 | pdiggs at nfb.org <mailto:pdiggs at nfb.org>
Twitter: ParnellDiggs

 <https://nfb.org/>

<http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>