[Ohio-talk] Thank You President Payne

Cheryl Fields cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 01:06:12 UTC 2016

Good Day,

Looking back 15 years ago so many things have changed. Including us,
lol. Take a peek below at some of the 2001 highlights…

The President was George W. Bush

U. S. Postage Stamps cost 34 cents

Unemployment 4.1 %

Governor of Ohio Bob Taft

Super Bowl XXXV Champions Baltimore Ravens

World Series of Baseball Champs Arizona Diamondbacks

Berry Bonds makes history with 73 Homeruns

NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers

Michael Jordan returned to the NBA Washington Wizards

Tiger Woods becomes the first golfer to hold all 3 major titles at one time

Train, Alicia Keys, Jennifer Lopez, Lifehouse, Janet Jackson,
Destiny’s Child and Lenny Kravitz all made the Billboard top 100

Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and Shreck were the highest grossing
movies of the year

Best Actor in a leading role Denzel Washington for Training Day

Best Actress in a leading role Halle Berry Monsters Inc.

And the Oscar for Best picture went to…
 A Beautiful Mind Brian Grazer and Ron Howard

Zucckerberg was a student at Harvard and there was no face book,
instagram or twitter! And I have no idea of what version of JAWS the
blind community was using!

WOW! The last 15 years were significant in many ways, including your
“Positive” influence on the Miami Valley chapter and the Ohio
affiliate. You are a great example of blindness is not what holds you
back! Congratulations Richard you are walking into a new adventure for
2016 and BEYOND as the NFB Ohio Affiliate President!

--
Wishing You All the Best,

Cheryl E. Fields

A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human
life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will
never sit.
--D. Elton Trueblood