[Ohio-talk] Replying to sender was Re: List Conduct

Aleeha Dudley blindcowgirl1993 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 01:39:09 UTC 2016

With iOS and Mac mail clients, the “reply” function replies to the list, not to the sender of the message. This is because of the way Mailman has changed the way it delivers messages. Now, instead of displaying the sender’s actual email address, it displays the address of the list. So, I’ve figured out a way around this. You can reply to all, then go delete the address of the list from the “to” field. This will leave the sender  only in the list of recipients.
I hope this helps clear up some confusion. It was weird for me, too, for the first few weeks.
Aleeha, who is happily back at LCB!