[Ohio-talk] Charity Day 5 k Race

Carol Akers purplecakers at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 27 17:38:41 UTC 2016

I am soooo excited about our opportunity to be involved with the first annual Charity Day 5 K race in Columbus on June 26th!  This is an awesome chance to make the NFB of Ohio more visible to the community.  We will be partnering with several other non-profit organizations to put this on, which means increased exposure to others who either may benefit from or know someone who could benefit from the NFB and our resources, knowledge, mentoring, guidance or so much more.  Just think about the possibilities for us.  If the media saw independent blind persons participating in the course, canes in view, , don't think that wouldn't make the news! Believe me, it would get attention!  Isn't that part of making us a household name?  Our presence being noted could open up all sorts of possibilities for the future of our organization.  How many people from Ohio will join me in participating in this race?  If you can't physically do the walk or run, it is still ok because you can sponsor someone who is doing the race  or you can send a check directly to Sherry Ruth to show your support, with Marching for Independence or Charity Day 5 K in the memo line.   Why not make this race  our statement to Ohio just  like the umbrella mosaic at National convention was a statement to the world of our presence?
The call to action is -Who will join me in this race?Register at  http://www.charityday5k.com/charity-partners/national-federation-of-the-blind-of-ohio/
We can do this together!  United we Stand!

 Got my new running shoes!

Carol