[Ohio-talk] focus braille display question

Robert Spangler spangler.robert at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 17:56:08 UTC 2016

Hey Kelsey, please check out this excerpt taken from the Focus Blue manual
found at this link:
https://www.freedomscientific.com/Content/Documents/Manuals/Focus/Focus40Blu
e/Focus-40-Blue-Online-Users-Guide.htm#TextSelection

Text Selection Commands
Use these keystrokes to perform various text selection  commands.  Both
keystrokes and braille dot patterns are provided in the  table. If no dot
pattern equivalent is available, a dash appears in the table  cell.

A table with the text selection command's key name in the first column, the
keystroke in the second column, and the dots pattern in the third column.
Text Selection Commands
Description
Keystroke
DOTS Pattern
Select Prior Character
DOTS 3-7 CHORD
-
Select Next Character
DOTS 6-7 CHORD
-
Select Prior Word
DOTS 2-7 CHORD
-
Select Next Word
DOTS 5-7 CHORD
-
Select Prior Line
DOTS 1-7 CHORD
-
Select Next Line
DOTS 4-7 CHORD
-
Select Prior Screen
LEFT SHIFT+K
LEFT SHIFT+DOTS 1-3
Select Next Screen
LEFT SHIFT+DOTS 4-6
-
Select from Start of Line
K+DOT 7 CHORD
DOTS 1-3-7 CHORD
Select to End of Line
DOTS 4-6-7 CHORD
--
Select from Top
L+DOTS 7 CHORD

Selecting with the Cursor router Buttons
To select with the cursor router buttons, press and hold down the LEFT
SHIFT, then press the cursor router button above the text where you want to
begin the selection. Release both keys. Move to where you want to end the
selection, and press the LEFT SHIFT plus the cursor router button at that
location. Use any navigation commands to move from the beginning point to
the end point of the text you are selecting, even the NAV Rockers, but if
the window containing the text scrolls, this affects the information that is
selected.