[Ohio-talk] correction of the date This is a notice for an emergency conference call of the NFBO Diabetes Action Network Sunday June 5th at 7pm

richard rchpay7 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 20:20:02 UTC 2016

From: richard [mailto:rchpay7 at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2016 4:18 PM
To: 'NFB of Ohio Announcement and Discussion List'
Subject: This is a notice for an emergency conference call of the NFBO
Diabetes Action Network Sunday June 6th at 7pm

                        The NFB Diabetes Action Network educates, empowers,
and inspires people living with diabetes and its complications. We share the
Federation's 'can-do' philosophy, through our various publications,
volunteer peer support, and advocacy for accessible diabetes technology.
Together, we challenge one another to live our best and fullest lives.

About the NFB Diabetes Action Network

Diabetes is the leading cause of blindness among working-age adults. That's
why the National Federation of the Blind, the largest and most influential
membership organization of blind people in the United States, established
the NFB Diabetes Action Network (NFB DAN) 22 years ago. The NFB DAN improves
lives through advocacy, education, research, technology development, and
programs encouraging independence and self-confidence.

Originally, the goal of NFB DAN was simple: to educate, empower and inspire
blind and visually impaired people with diabetes to manage their condition
independently and confidently and to advocate for accessible diabetes
products. Thousands of NFB DAN members manage multiple complications, not
just vision loss, so our mission has also expanded to include people with
all kinds of diabetic complications.  NFB DAN volunteers share their
experiences and encouragement with those facing similar complications, such
as kidney failure, amputation, and neuropathy.

Shortly before 7pm this Sunday June 5th

Call the following number if you are a member of the division

Dial number:

(712) 775-7031

Meeting ID: